Since there is a request for the recipe of my healthy and super filling chicken soup, here is it!
Name of dish: Creamy Chicken Soup a.k.a 鸡丝羹
Ingredients (4 servings):
Noted: The ingredients can be reduced according to personal preference of serving size.
- 1 halved chicken breast/any parts of chicken you like.
- 3~4 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup of fresh corn kernels
- 10 anchovies (Washed)
- 1 cup of shredded carrot
- 1 cup of Enokitake mushroom
- 3~4 tofu skin (Around 25 g) – Can be adjusted according to your preference
- 20 g of Cellophane noodles (Don’t put too much, will make the soup over sticky and starchy)
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch mixed with 3 tablespoons of water (room temperature)
Method of preparation:
It is better to prepare all the ingredients the night before if you want to prepare as your breakfast because the ingredients preparation might take around 20 minutes and you do not want to late to school/work.
- Steam the chicken breast until it is cooked. Set aside until it is cooled and use fork to make chicken floss (like the picture below).
2. Soak the tofu skin and cellophane noodles until they are soften (Around 15~20 minutes)
3. Then, cut all the ingredients into bite size (Mushrooms and tofu skin).
4. Boil 1 litter of water in a pot and then pour in the ingredients (except the tofu skin and cellophane noodles).
5. Let the ingredients cook for 5 minutes until the flavour comes out.
6. After the corn and carrots are softens, put in the tofu skin and cellophane noodles. Cook for another 1~2 minutes.
7. Taste the soup and add in salt and pepper according to preference. I prefer less salt for healthier meal. Optional black vinegar can be added if you like sour taste.
8. Off the stove and pour in the corn starch mixed. Stir the soup and it should be thicken and creamy.
9. The soup is ready! Yumm Yumm!
The recipe is so simple and yummy. I believe even a person who rarely cooks can make it!
Hopefully this recipe can save you from starving or when you are out of ideas what to cook.
If you all love this recipe, please help to share and comments so I can share more healthy recipes next time!
Until then, see you!