Skincare is not only for ladies, it is for men too! I strongly believe all ladies do not want to be closed with someone with unclean skin, right?
So, to all the gentlemen out there, you need to take good care of your skin. Men produce more sweat and oil compared to women. It is important to get your skin exfoliate and hydrated. In case you don’t know, excessive oil sebum is produced to moisturize dry skin. So, never assume that “Oh, I have oily skin, I don’t need that moisturizer”.
If you hate complicated skincare routine, here I recommend you to have these three simple skincare products in your washroom.
1) Face cleanser – Any brand will do, as long as it is effective to clean your face.You can use drugstore cleanser from Nivea, L’oreal and Garnier while for Korean brands, you can get from Innisfree and Laneige. For luxury brand, you can try SKII Men.
2) Toner/Lotion – It works as primer for your skin to have better absorption of moisturizer you gonna apply later. I suggest you can get witch hazel lotion as it is colorless, odorless and no chemical content. If you do not mind the rose scent, I suggest you to get Mamonde Rose Water. There are more options of toners such as aloe vera water, cucumber water and etc.
3) Moisturizer with spf – There are various types of moisturizers – Gel type, milky emulsion type and thick cream type. You can choose any types you like, as long as it suits your skin. There are so many moisturizers come with spf so you do not need to apply extra sunscreen. However, if you want some suggestion, please try Japanese sunscreen.
Suggestion for moisturizers with spf :
1) Vaseline Men Facial Antispot Whitening Moisturizer 50 g c/w SPF 15 (RM21.17 @ Watsons Malaysia)
2) Clinique for Men Skin Supplies SPF 21 Moisturizer (RM156 @Clinique.com.my)
3)L’oreal Men Expert White Activ Oil Control Gel Cream 50ml (RM33.02 @ Watsons Malaysia)
4) Simple Protecting Moisture Cream SPF 30 50ml (RM37.44 @ Watsons Malaysia)
5) The Body Shop for Men Maca Root Energetic Face Protector (RM79.00 @ The Body Shop Malaysia)
I personally think that you do not necessarily use products which are labelled as ” Por Homme or For Men”. Efficiency is the key. Just give yourself a chance to try out different range of products and find the suitable one.
If you scare of those chemicals, try jojoba oil instead. I love to use oil on my skin once a while at night as it makes my skin feels supple and smooth in next morning. I will talk more on DIY facial oil soon. Please stay tune.